Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Supernatural SF Convention | My Experience

On Sunday I went to the Supernatural San Francisco Convention.


It's been 49.5 hours since it ended and I still can't believe that actually happened. It was such an amazing experience and probably the best day of my life to date.

If you don't already know, Supernatural, in the simplest way I can explain, is about two brothers who hunt monsters. But it's also so much more. It's about the relationship between two brothers. It's about the struggles they face doing what they were raised to do. It's about deciding the difference about what's right and wrong. It's about killing monsters. But most of all, it's about family. I've been a fan of Supernatural for 3 years now and it's one of my favorite shows if not my favorite. Ever since I started watching, I've been dying to go to a convention. Unfortunately, the Bay Area is not the most popular place for the Supernatural cast to tour, the last con being 6 or 7 years ago, so when I found out that there was going to be a con in San Fran, I hopped on that train immediately. The night before the con I was super nervous. I had butterflies in my stomach and I couldn't sleep. Then on my way to the con I felt like puking because of anxiety.


(from left to right: me, Jensen, and my friend Sejal)

The convention was for 3 days, but I went for one (Sunday) because that's when Jared and Jensen were going to be there (plus the tickets ain't cheap). So when I got there, the first thing I had to do, obviously, was registration. Once I got that out of the way I just wandered around a little with my friend and checked out the booths. Soon it was time to take my picture with Jensen Ackles. Let me tell you, pics with actors are not cheap. It was $129 to wait in line, take 5 seconds for the picture, and leave. I split it with my friend so I only had to pay $65, and while I would have liked to talk for like 10 seconds with Jensen, it was definitely worth it. While we waited in line, we were completely freaking out like "OMG, HE'S THERE IN FRONT OF US. HE'S 3D!" (Side)hugging him was amazing and unreal. There is photographic proof that I hugged Jensen and I still can't believe it happened. After the picture my friend and I wobbled over to a set of stairs and sat down for 5 minutes, processing what just happened.


(Jared and Jensen at their panel, we didn't have the best seats but whatev)

After lunch and two hours of waiting in the room, the actual event started. First, Richard Speight Jr. introduced the panels and Rob Benedict + Louden Swain played music. The first panel was Curtis Armstrong, who plays Megatron. I hated Megatron before but Curtis was so adorable and funny that I don't think I hate him that much anymore. After his panel was Jared and Jensen's. They're seriously the funniest, most attractive, down to earth people. It was such a great experience seeing them, in front of me, talk. I see tumblr posts all the time of cons and it's so cool that I can say "I was there!" when I see a post of SFcon. Seriously though, it did not feel like I was actually there, less than 150 feet from them.


(merch: three prints + a steampunk ring)


After the panels, I got some merch and went home. Overall, SFcon was an amazing experience. I got to meet my favorite actor, see my favs on stage, and be surrounded by people who love the same things I do. I really hope I get to do this again soon!

Until Next Time,
Hana

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such an incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete