Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Truth About Forever Book Review

Hey!

This morning I finished The Truth About Forever, a romance novel by Sarah Dessen.




This novel is about a girl named Macy whose summer consists of a boring job at the library and studying for the SATs while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp as she grieves the loss of her father. An unexpected series of events happen, leading to Macy getting a catering job at Wish with its chaotic crew. A member of said crew is Wes, a boy with an amazing artistic talent and she turns Macy's world around. Throughout the book she ventures out of her shell and begins actually enjoying herself.

I really enjoyed this book. I haven't read something so girly in a while and it was definitely what I was looking for. The characters were great. They all had their own unique personalities and defied stereotypes. Macy was a great protagonist. She was three-dimensional, interesting, and not annoying (for the most part). However, I felt like all her problems could have been solved easily if she just opened her freaking mouth and confronted her mother. The only character I didn't really like was Monica. I felt her lack of personality was just overdone to the point where it's not even funny anymore. But Wes...sa-woon! He was such an interesting character, I just loved Macy and Wes's interactions and I really wish there was more.

The writing was also wonderful. It was simple but still well written. Sarah Dessen definitely has a distinct style but it's great all the same.

The plot was pretty good too. Although it seem's Dessen's novels each follow the same structure, it was still fun to read and lighthearted. While it was enjoyable, it definitely wasn't anything special. There were some parts that dragged on, and there was the very typical teen drama which annoyed me. I also felt Dessen could have gone more in-depth into some things, such as Becky. She seemed to be a character just added to add more conflict.  Overall, however, it was a good read and I definitely recommend checking this out.

Until next time!
Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment