Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Iron Trial Mini Book Review

Hello!

It seems that I'm always finishing books at one in the morning.



The Iron Trial is a middle grade book that follows Callum Hunt. All his life, Call has been warned by his father to stay away from magic. If he passes the the Iron Trial he will be admitted into the Magisterium and that can only mean bad things. Call tries his hardest to fail but is unsuccessful. He is accepted into the Magisterium but that's only the beginning...

I don't have much to say about this book. It's definitely middle grade but it's really fun and intriguing. The characters are wonderful. There isn't a whole lot of plot in this book but it does a great job setting up for the rest of the series. The plot twist at the end was definitely unexpected and I can't wait for the next book. I really enjoy Cassandra Clare and Holly Black's books so I was not disappointed. I was expecting it to be obvious who wrote what part as it is in many other cowritten books but the writing flowed well and it was as if one person had written it. If you like fantasy and Percy Jackson, you'll probably like The Iron Trial.

~Hana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment