Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hana's Happenings | January 2015

So this month was pretty exciting but also very chill.


One of my portfolio pieces.

The first thing I did was complete my college apps. Wooh! College applications are so stressful. I finished my essays months ago, but of course I procrastinated on my portfolio. Note to self: don't procrastinate (like that's ever going to happen). It felt so nice to finally be done with everything. Now to wait for the decisions...


The most exciting thing I did this month was go to the SF Supernatural Convention. It was an amazing experience and I hope to go again sometime. Meeting my favorite actor was simply incredible and seeing the actors in front of me talking was unreal. I still can't believe it happened. Detailed blog post on my experience here.



I also watched a couple movies this month, the first being The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. I really enjoyed this movie. I've loved The Lord of the Rings since Fellowship of the Ring came out (though I was only 4). I was so excited to see the prequels and I'm so sad it's all over. I actually started crying when I first heard/watched Billy Boyd's (Pippin!) song The Last Goodbye. Now to marathon all the extended versions...



This month I also watched the 2014 remake of Annie. Well, it was okay. I liked the songs and Quvenzhané Wallis was adorable, but it was also very awkward. Some of the acting wasn't particularly great and at times the songs came out of nowhere and didn't fit with the scene. It's not a bad movie, but it's not worth paying to see in a theater.

Hope you enjoyed reading this!
Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment