Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hopeless | Series Review


From Goodreads: Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies... That's what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in he she's never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and sometimes about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Hopeless was incredibly intense and nothing like what I expected. The story was so intriguing and unique. It was nothing like I've read before. I loved how the story progressed and it flowed very well. Character development is a very important part of a book for me and Sky successfully grows as a character. The book was so emotional and gripping, I couldn't stop reading. At some points I had to take a break so I could stop crying. My only problem was that I couldn't really connect with Sky. 4.75/5 stars.

In Losing Hope,  really enjoyed reading from Holder's point of view. It was interesting seeing everything he felt in Hopeless. I did think, however, that it was a bit rushed. Some parts of Hopeless were skipped in Losing Hope and while I understand that Hoover probably didn't want the book to get too repetitive, I felt it would flow better had those parts been included. I also wish Holden went through a little more character growth. Throughout the book he just went on and on about how much he loved Sky and nothing else. This book wasn't particularly special but I did enjoy it a lot (I mean, I did spend the last 20 pages sobbing). 4/5 stars.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series. It was a quick read and just what I was in the mood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment