Monday, December 8, 2014

Just Listen Book Review

Hello!

Recently I've been on a contemporary romance kick and wanted to share my thoughts on a book I just read.


Just Listen follows Annabel Green, the "perfect" girl. She struggles to keep her life intact with modeling, a fallout with her best friend, and her sister's eating disorder. She retreats into herself and becomes isolated, that is, until she meet Owen. She learns to be honest and speak up for herself as she fights to be more confident.

This was such a fun and interesting read! I love how Sarah Dessen isn't afraid to address heavier issues such as rape/sexual assault, eating disorders, bullying, etc. I was definitely not expecting the book to be something like this. My favorite part about this book was the honesty. Dessen didn't skimp out on the character development and no one just suddenly become "fixed". She took a lot of time to make sure the growth was reasonable and made sense. The characters were so complex and wonderful. No one was just a stereotype, they all had their own specific personalities and character growth. Overall, this was a great read and I highly recommend it.

Until Next Time,
Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment